Spring is not too far away, and I cannot wait. It will be such a relief when there will be no more cold weather. We will be having spring temperatures here in Illinois these next couple of days. I am very excited about that, so I figured I would share why I am so excited about spring.
1. I mean what is there not to love about warmer weather? You can be outside more instead of being stuck inside.
2. I never like it when it is dark by 5:30. It makes me tired and feel like I should be in bed already. Longer days mean more time to enjoy the sun and be outside.
3. I would pick running in the park or my neighborhood any day over running on the treadmill. I love starting my day off with a run outside. It puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day. Plus I also can bike on the local bike path.
4. I love seeing all the beautiful flowers in people’s yards. Plus they also smell absolutely lovely. It is nice to see lots of color after many months of winter.
5. Since I have not worn my spring and summer clothes in so long, it almost feels like I am wearing new clothing. I also then have an excuse to go shopping to buy spring clothing.
Just Being Outside
6. I just love to be outside. It does not matter what I am doing. I can blog and do my homework outside. That sure beats being inside doing it.
No Cold Cars
7. I do not know why, but it feels like an entirety until my car warms up in the winter. I know it is only a few minutes, but it is long enough that I really look forward to not having to deal with it in the spring.
8. The start of spring means the start of running races! Only 4 weeks until my first half marathon.
Lighter Color Nail Polish
9. I am so ready to start wearing fun pinks on my nails instead of darker colors for winter.
There Is Just No Season Like It
1. It is just a time when everything becomes beautiful again. Green grass, leaves on the trees, birds making nests, and just that springtime smell you cannot describe.
I can’t wait for Spring!